The Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) provides care coordination services to seniors on Medi-Cal whose physical or cognitive impairments put them at risk of nursing home placement.
- Assessment of health and psychosocial needs by a nurse and a social worker.
- A personalized care plan to address health, safety and social concerns.
- Monthly contact with a social worker.
- Home visits (at least every 3 months or as needed).
- Links to needed resources, such as:
- Assistance with solving care problems.
- Help understanding insurance coverage.
- Education about advance healthcare directives.
- Assess and arrange in-home help.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be 65 or older.
- Have Medi-Cal with no share of cost.
- Need help with daily activities such as:
- Getting dressed
- Managing medications
- Preparing and eating food
- Live in the San Gabriel Valley or Pomona Valley in Los Angeles County.
MSSP is administered by the California Department of Aging (CDA).