The Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) provides care coordination services to seniors on Medi-Cal whose physical or cognitive impairments put them at risk of nursing home placement.
- Assessment of health and psychosocial needs by a nurse and a social worker.
- A personalized care plan to address health, safety and social concerns.
- Monthly contact with a social worker.
- Home visits (at least every 3 months or as needed).
- Links to needed resources, such as:
- Assistance with solving care problems.
- Help understanding insurance coverage.
- Education about advance healthcare directives.
- Assess and arrange in-home help.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be 65 or older.
- Have Medi-Cal with no share of cost.
- Need help with daily activities such as:
- Getting dressed
- Managing medications
- Preparing and eating food
- Live in the San Gabriel Valley or Pomona Valley in Los Angeles County.
MSSP is administered by the California Department of Aging (CDA).
To be screened for this program, please call (800) 664-4664 or (626) 397-3110 and select option 1.