The Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALW) provides options for older adults and individuals with disabilities to live in an assisted living facility rather than a skilled nursing facility.
- Assessment by a nurse
- A personalized care plan to address health, safety and social concerns
- Monthly contact with a social worker
- Advocacy for resident needs in the assisted living facility
- Medi-Cal pays for services at the assisted living facility, however the resident is responsible to pay for their own room and board.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be 21 or older
- Have Medi-Cal with no share of cost
- Need help with daily activities, such as:
- Taking a shower
- Getting dressed
- Going to the restroom
- Moving around the house
- Managing medications
- Preparing and eating food
- Be willing and safely able to live in an assisted living facility where ALW is provided
Senior Care Network is a Care Coordination Agency (CCA) for the Assisted Living Waiver program and works with several assisted living facilities who accept the waiver. See our interest packet below for a list of facilities we work with. ALW is administered by the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
**There is currently a waitlist for this program**
To be screened for this program and place your name on the waitlist, complete the form below or call (800) 664-4664 or (626) 397-3110 and select option 1.