We know how important it is to be able to visit a loved one in the hospital. As a health care organization, we are dedicated to providing a healthy and safe environment for all who visit our campus and community locations. We are balancing the comfort of our patients and their families with the ongoing need for safety measures.
As a health care facility, Huntington Health requires masking at all times, regardless of changes in Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and Pasadena Public Health mask mandates. These important infection prevention measures protect the health of our patients and caregivers. Thank you for your cooperation.
Effective March 14, 2022, outpatient areas are open to one healthy visitor per patient. Our emergency department is open to one visitor beginning March 15, 2022. Effective March 28, 2022 our Della Martin Center has updated visitation parameters.
Our visitation guidelines are in place to ensure a safe environment for healing to those in our care — and those who care for them. Effective June 16, 2022 visitation guidelines include limiting cafeteria entry and use to staff and registered patient visitors. The approved number of unique, healthy patient visitors per day changes based on our risk-scoring matrix and can be found below.
Important Visitation Information
- Visitation limitations, including the number of visitors allowed, depend on our Visitation Score. See the score below to understand current visitation policy.
- All visitors must show proof of either:
- a) being fully vaccinated.
- b) proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours (home tests are not accepted).
- a) being fully vaccinated.
- Visiting hours are between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. every day. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. for our Critical Care Unit. Some departments may have different hours, check the Visitation Score section below.
- Visitors must wear a hospital-provided mask (N95 mask or KN95 mask, which are being distributed at the front entrance) , at all times while on our campus, including when in the patient’s room.
- Visitors must be 12 years of age or older, unless prior exception has been granted by hospital leadership. Please review age restrictions for individual departments.
- Any visitor who exhibits signs and symptoms of illness will not be granted entrance.
- At this time, no visitors are allowed for COVID-19 positive patients or patients with a pending COVID-19 test.
- Weekly visitation updates will continue to be shared on this page.
See today’s Visitation Score and Visitation Policy FAQs for more information about visiting your loved ones.
Huntington Health reserves the right to remove disruptive and non-compliant individuals from our hospital campus and surrounding facilities. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Please note that this visitation policy may evolve over time depending on our response to public health recommendations.
COVID-19 Information: Get more information on our COVID-19 page.
Inpatient Visitation Score Guide
To remain responsive to the ever-changing pandemic, we review inpatient visitation guidelines weekly. We suggest that you check the website prior to your arrival each day.
Visitation levels are informed by the hospital visitation matrices. The matrices are reviewed weekly and are calculated based on four drivers: positivity rate in the community, probability of positive cases in the hospital and or emergency department (ED), inpatient census and the average ED census and admissions. Your safety and the safety of our patients and healthcare workers is our top priority. At the varying levels, safeguards have been put in place to ensure safety while visiting loved ones.
Our visitation score is currently: 2 (YELLOW)
Click on any of the accordion panes below to view detailed visitation limitation guidelines based on our numbered scale.