You’re in the best and most skilled hands at Huntington Hospital.
As a leader in the field, with an advanced care environment, we attract the very best doctors, nurses and other caregivers. As a result, our patients experience the highest-quality medical care possible.
The team of healthcare professionals at Huntington Hospital includes a variety of caregivers who might provide care during your stay. Some of these include:
- Our physicians are highly trained and respected experts in their fields, and are skilled at leading care teams and overseeing the care process from diagnosis to discharge and beyond.
- Huntington Hospital’s highly skilled, compassionate nurses are available to provide bedside care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can be sure that your nurses have the training, skills, and compassion needed to provide the best possible experience.
- A variety of technical professionals are available to ensure that in keeping with the latest best practices, the highest-quality care is provided.
- A range of expert professionals is available to support your health and well-being. Your care team may include a physical, occupational, speech or respiratory therapist.
Supportive Care Providers
- Care coordinators, social workers, and chaplains may be involved in your recovery, discharge plan and post-hospital care. Huntington Hospital’s palliative care team is available to provide supportive services for those diagnosed with a serious illness and their families.
A Full Support Team
In addition to receiving care from skilled nurses, clinician and – in some cases – your personal physician while you’re in the hospital, you may also be seen by one or more of our excellent hospital-based physicians. The top-notch specialists are available around the clock to respond to your needs. Our team includes:
- Internal medicine physicians who specialize in care for hospitalized patients. Think of them as your doctor while you are in the hospital. Often, these experts will at the place of your personal physician if your physician is unable to be present.
- Obstetricians with training in emergent care, and other aspects of labor and delivery, who provide around-the-clock coverage for our expectant moms.
- Critical care physicians dedicated solely to in-hospital care.
Many of the physicians who have medical staff privileges to practice medicine at Huntington Hospital are independent physicians, and not employees or agents of the hospital. These independent physicians bill separately for their services. You should contact your physician to determine their status and billing practices.