We want to help you make informed choices about your healthcare, and have a better understanding of your financial obligations when you come to us for care.
Huntington Hospital Cost of Care Information
- Pricing at Huntington Hospital
- Obtaining an Estimate
- Your Hospital Bill
- Financial Assistance
- Accepted Health Plans
- Self Pay Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
Pricing at Huntington Hospital
Pricing Transparency Commitment
We know that especially today, when so many people are uninsured or underinsured, it is important for individuals to have healthcare pricing information. We are committed to making this information available to consumers so they can better anticipate and understand their financial responsibilities and make informed healthcare decisions.
Because we know that healthcare is complex and that a general listing of prices for our common procedures will not meet everyone’s needs, we have added a toll free number consumers can use to contact us for an estimated service quote. Our goal in making this information easy to access is to remain a leader in key healthcare initiatives aimed at better patient care.
Huntington Hospital is committed to providing meaningful information to our patients related to financial obligations for healthcare services. It is our intent with this website to publish our financial assistance policies and the pricing ranges for our most common services.
In order to provide you with information that is helpful based on your personal healthcare coverage, we must first differentiate between patients with some form of insurance or Governmental coverage, like Medicare or Medicaid, and patients without insurance or coverage. Huntington Hospital offers many forms of financial relief for patients without healthcare insurance (the “uninsured”) needing emergent or non-elective services. See our Financial Assistance section below. Learn more about pricing and payments for Medicare patients and Self Pay patients.
Prices are currently effective 1/1/2022. Patient obligation may differ depending on the health plan. These are at gross amounts with no adjustments for discounts, charity, etc. Pharmacy prices are based on an average current year price, so prices may vary. Pharmacy charges with VAR charges have no current volume and is based on relationships to current cost throughout the year. Ref Lab Fee prices are our reference outpatient lab prices. Our supplies charges are based on cost with facility standard mark-ups.
If there are no prices in the file, please use the following explanations below:
MISC – Miscellaneous charge which are dynamic and based on relationships to current cost throughout the year.
PANEL – Panel charge which is comprised of individual charges with its own price
STAT – Statistics only charge and is meant to be for tracking purposes only.
VAR – Pharmacy charges that are variable based on a variable cost and the type of drug. The estimated price cannot be determined as volume is not available.
Obtaining an Estimate
Before you request an estimate, it is important that you contact your insurance company to ensure that the services required are “covered services.” In the event that some or all are not a covered service under your plan, please refer to our uninsured information below. You will also need to contact your physician’s office to get the specific diagnosis or procedure description.
To obtain an estimate you can use our Estimate Tool or call our service center.
Call for an Estimate
Call our service center at 1-800-464-1722 with questions about pricing and our representatives can provide a good faith estimate.
Prior to your call, please contact your physician’s office to get the specific diagnosis or procedure description.
When you call our service center, please have the following information available, so that we can provide you with the best estimate possible:
- Description of services needed – we will need to know as much information as possible about the specific services as described by your physician.
- Type of services needed – we need to know if you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or if you are expected to be treated on an outpatient basis.
- Physician/specialist Name – example, if you are having surgery, we will want to know the surgeon’s name.
- Your insurance card – please have your card available so that if needed, we can get the following information from you: name of insurance company, type of policy (e.g. HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity), policy holder’s name, group name and number, policy number, insurance company phone number.
- Policyholder’s personal information – it is possible that the insurance company will want us to verify the Social Security Number and date of birth of the person who is named as the primary insurance policy holder.
Source of Rate Information
Generally we use recent data to determine pricing on our most common surgical procedures and inpatient admissions. Any hospital advertised prices or flat rates will supersede these rates. If the hospital has not had at least 5 patients in the past year utilizing that service, “N/A” will appear in the pricing range. “Hospital Stay range” refers to an average length of stay in the hospital for inpatient admissions. Any hospital advertised prices or flat rates will supersede these rates.
Your Hospital Bill
This is how our billing process usually works:
- A claim will be sent to your insurance company shortly after your services are complete.
- After your insurance company receives the claim, the insurance company may contact you for additional information. Please respond to your insurance company’s questions as quickly as possible so their payment is not delayed.
- It usually takes 30 – 45 days for your insurance company to pay your claim.
- After your insurance company pays us, we will provide you with information about any amount you may still owe.
Please keep in mind that your policy is an agreement between you and your insurance company. If you did not follow your insurance plan’s terms, they may not pay for all or part of your care.
Additional Bills You May Receive
The estimates provided are only related to your hospital bill. Your personal physician or other physicians providing you with services related to your hospital stay or visit will bill you separately. This can include fees related to specialists, anesthesiologists, pathologists, and radiologists.
Independent laboratory and radiology services will also bill you separately for reading and interpreting EKG’s, X-rays, EEG’s and lab work. If you have questions about those bills, please call the number printed on their statements.
Payment at Time of Service
Similar to your visits to your physician’s office, we will ask you for your co-payment, coinsurance and/or deductible payment at time of your services based on your specific insurance benefits. We accept major credit cards, checks, money orders and cash.
Pay Your Bill Online
Huntington Hospital E-Payment makes it easy for our customers to manage their own account. Customers can choose to receive statements by email, make online payments, or update their information.
Huntington Hospital is committed to making health care available to everyone in our community, regardless of their ability to pay. Our financial assistance program helps low-income, uninsured or under-insured patients who need help paying for all or part of their medically necessary care.
If your income is at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, and you do not meet the qualifications for Medi-Cal you can request financial assistance by completing an application and submitting certain documents. To download a paper application, get help applying, or learn more about our policy, you can:
- Download the application below. Huntington Hospital provides the application and policy in the most commonly requested languages.
- For more details about our financial assistance program, cost of care and/or to talk to someone who can help you download an application please contact the following: For service dates prior to November 6, 2022, call (800) 690-0069. For service dates on or after November 6, 2022, call (866) 803-1777.
- Visit our HelpHub in the main lobby of the hospital, Monday through Friday, or go to any inpatient, outpatient or emergency patient admitting area for assistance.
- Access our full Financial Assistance Discount Policy below.
Financial Assistance Forms
Summary of Financial Assistance Policy
Financial Assistance Application
Financial Assistance Policy (FAP)
Patient Collections Policy
For questions regarding these forms, please call:
For service dates prior to November 6, 2022, call (800) 690-0069.
For service dates on or after November 6, 2022, call (866) 803-1777.
Huntington Hospital has financial counselors on hand to evaluate your eligibility for various local and state Programs, including County Assistance and Medicaid.
Uninsured Discount Policy
For patients who do not meet the Financial Assistance Discount Policy criteria and will be expected to pay for services out of pocket, Huntington Hospital offers a discount similar to that received by managed care health plans. All Uninsured patients (excluding those receiving cosmetic procedures and certain “package” procedures) will be given an Uninsured Discount. All pricing estimates posted under the “Uninsured” insurance type already reflect the hospital’s uninsured discount. To access our full Uninsured (Self-Pay) Policy, click here.
Similar to when you visit your physician’s office, we expect payment at time of service. If you are ineligible for Medicaid or Financial Assistance and cannot pay your entire bill, we will work with you to set up monthly payment arrangements. If, after your services are received, any additional payment is due, we will send you information about any amount you may still owe. We accept major credit cards, checks, money orders and cash. You may also pay your bill online.
Accepted Health Plans
Huntington Health Physicians is contracted with a number of health plans, you can find the full list here. Please check with your health insurance carrier for specific questions about your coverage.