We want to help you make informed choices about your healthcare, and have a better understanding of your financial obligations when you come to us for care.
Huntington Hospital Cost of Care Information
- Pricing at Huntington Hospital
- Obtaining an Estimate
- Your Hospital Bill
- Financial Assistance
- Accepted Health Plans
- Frequently Asked Questions
Pricing at Huntington Hospital
Pricing Transparency Commitment
We know that especially today, when so many people are uninsured or underinsured, it is important for individuals to have healthcare pricing information. We are committed to making this information available to consumers so they can better anticipate and understand their financial responsibilities and make informed healthcare decisions.
Because we know that healthcare is complex and that a general listing of prices for our common procedures will not meet everyone’s needs, we have added a toll free number consumers can use to contact us for an estimated service quote. Our goal in making this information easy to access is to remain a leader in key healthcare initiatives aimed at better patient care.
Huntington Hospital is committed to providing meaningful information to our patients related to financial obligations for healthcare services. It is our intent with this website to publish our financial assistance policies and the pricing ranges for our most common services.
In order to provide you with information that is helpful based on your personal healthcare coverage, we must first differentiate between patients with some form of insurance or Governmental coverage, like Medicare or Medicaid, and patients without insurance or coverage. Huntington Hospital offers many forms of financial relief for patients without healthcare insurance (the “uninsured”) needing emergent or non-elective services. See our Financial Assistance section below. Learn more about pricing and payments for Medicare patients and Self Pay patients.
Prices are currently effective 7/1/2023. Patient obligation may differ depending on the health plan. These are at gross amounts with no adjustments for discounts, charity, etc. Pharmacy prices are based on an average current year price, so prices may vary. Pharmacy charges with VAR charges have no current volume and is based on relationships to current cost throughout the year. Ref Lab Fee prices are our reference outpatient lab prices. Our supplies charges are based on cost with facility standard mark-ups.
If there are no prices in the file, please use the following explanations below:
MISC – Miscellaneous charge which are dynamic and based on relationships to current cost throughout the year.
PANEL – Panel charge which is comprised of individual charges with its own price
STAT – Statistics only charge and is meant to be for tracking purposes only.
VAR – Pharmacy charges that are variable based on a variable cost and the type of drug. The estimated price cannot be determined as volume is not available.
Obtaining an Estimate
Before you request an estimate, it is important that you contact your insurance company to ensure that the services required are “covered services.” In the event that some or all are not a covered service under your plan, please refer to our uninsured information below. You will also need to contact your physician’s office to get the specific diagnosis or procedure description.
To obtain an estimate you can use our Estimate Tool or call our service center.
Call for an Estimate
Call our service center at 1-800-464-1722 with questions about pricing and our representatives can provide a good faith estimate.
Prior to your call, please contact your physician’s office to get the specific diagnosis or procedure description.
When you call our service center, please have the following information available, so that we can provide you with the best estimate possible:
- Description of services needed – we will need to know as much information as possible about the specific services as described by your physician.
- Type of services needed – we need to know if you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or if you are expected to be treated on an outpatient basis.
- Physician/specialist Name – example, if you are having surgery, we will want to know the surgeon’s name.
- Your insurance card – please have your card available so that if needed, we can get the following information from you: name of insurance company, type of policy (e.g. HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity), policy holder’s name, group name and number, policy number, insurance company phone number.
- Policyholder’s personal information – it is possible that the insurance company will want us to verify the Social Security Number and date of birth of the person who is named as the primary insurance policy holder.
Source of Rate Information
Generally we use recent data to determine pricing on our most common surgical procedures and inpatient admissions. Any hospital advertised prices or flat rates will supersede these rates. If the hospital has not had at least 5 patients in the past year utilizing that service, “N/A” will appear in the pricing range. “Hospital Stay range” refers to an average length of stay in the hospital for inpatient admissions. Any hospital advertised prices or flat rates will supersede these rates.
Your Hospital Bill
This is how our billing process usually works:
- A claim will be sent to your insurance company shortly after your services are complete.
- After your insurance company receives the claim, the insurance company may contact you for additional information. Please respond to your insurance company’s questions as quickly as possible so their payment is not delayed.
- It usually takes 30 – 45 days for your insurance company to pay your claim.
- After your insurance company pays us, we will provide you with information about any amount you may still owe.
Please keep in mind that your policy is an agreement between you and your insurance company. If you did not follow your insurance plan’s terms, they may not pay for all or part of your care.
Additional Bills You May Receive
The estimates provided are only related to your hospital bill. Your personal physician or other physicians providing you with services related to your hospital stay or visit will bill you separately. This can include fees related to specialists, anesthesiologists, pathologists, and radiologists.
Independent laboratory and radiology services will also bill you separately for reading and interpreting EKG’s, X-rays, EEG’s and lab work. If you have questions about those bills, please call the number printed on their statements.
Payment at Time of Service
Similar to your visits to your physician’s office, we will ask you for your co-payment, coinsurance and/or deductible payment at time of your services based on your specific insurance benefits. We accept major credit cards, checks, money orders and cash.
Pay Your Bill Online
Huntington Hospital E-Payment makes it easy for our customers to manage their own account. Customers can choose to receive statements by email, make online payments, or update their information.
Huntington Hospital is committed to providing quality healthcare to everyone in the community who needs it. This includes offering full financial assistance or services at discounted prices to eligible people who cannot afford to pay for part or all of their care. Payment plans are also available.
Are You Eligible?
- Full financial assistance (no charge) is available to people whose income and monetary assets are at or below 400% of the federal poverty level, $120,000 for a family of four in 2023.
- Partial financial assistance (discounted charge) is available to people whose income is in the range of 401% to 600% of the federal poverty level, $180,000 for a family of four in 2023.
- Discounts are on a sliding scale based on family size and income level.
Questions? Call Patient Financial Services at 866-803-1777
Eligibility for financial help is determined without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or educational background.
How to Apply
1. Download and print the Financial Assistance application.
2. Submit your application
- By Mail:
Financial Assistance Processing Unit
1801 W. Olympic Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91199-1688
- In person:
Huntington Hospital Ambulatory Care Center (HACC)
711 Fairmont Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
- By fax: 323-866-3077
- By email: PatientBilling@cshs.org
Need help getting the application, filling it out, or turning it in?
- Before admission or after you receive your bill, contact Patient Financial Services at 866-803-1777.
- For patients admitted to the hospital, contact Patient Financial Advocates at 310-423-5071.
Reviewing your Financial Assistance Application can take up to 30 days.
- A customer service representative checks your application to make sure it’s filled out completely.
- If your application is complete, you’ll receive a letter 1 week to confirm processing.
- If your application is incomplete, you’ll receive a letter explaining the information needed to process your application.
- You’ll receive a letter notifying you whether the application was approved or declined.
If you haven’t received any status notifications, you can contact Patient Financial Services at 866-803-1777.
Financial Assistance Forms
Summary of Financial Assistance Policy
Financial Assistance Policy (FAP)
What Doctors Are Covered?
Not all doctors who practice at Huntington Hospital take part in our Financial Assistance Policy. To see if your doctor is included, review the Financial Assistance Provider Listing of participating and nonparticipating doctors
If your doctor has a “yes” in the first column, they are included. If your doctor has a “no” in the first column, be sure to ask if they have their own financial assistance policy. Whether or not your doctor is listed as covered by the policy, it is a good idea to check with your doctor’s office directly to ensure you receive the most current and accurate information.
Huntington Hospital takes part in a number of government aid programs that are not part of the Financial Assistance Policy:
- Healthy Families
- Covered California
You may also be eligible for subsidized coverage through the California Health Benefit Exchange (Covered California).
Accepted Health Plans
Huntington Health Physicians is contracted with a number of health plans, you can find the full list here. Please check with your health insurance carrier for specific questions about your coverage.