As a Comprehensive Stroke Center, Huntington Hospital’s stroke program has been recognized for providing outstanding stroke diagnosis and treatment. If you suspect you or someone you care about is having a stroke, call 911 immediately.
For more information, please call (626) 397-5110. For direct patient transfer, call the house supervisor at (626) 397-5000.
24-Hour Stroke Services
We offer 24-hour emergent diagnostic and treatment services to patients presenting with:
- Acute ischemic stroke
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Venous sinus thrombosis
- Carotid and vertebral dissection
- Symptomatic and asymptomatic carotid stenosis
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Vascular brain malformations
Comprehensive Stroke Testing
The Stroke Center also offers stroke assessment testing, including:
- CT (also known as CAT scan)
- MRI (also known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Carotid Ultrasound imaging
- Electrocardiogram (also known as EKG or ECG)
- Trans-cranial Doppler
As part of our commitment to excellence in stroke care, we are committed to using state-of-the art technology including:
- Satellite telemedicine technology “teleneurology” and audio/video-conferencing equipment that allows Huntington Hospital stroke specialists to conduct real-time consultations anywhere in the world.
- Multi-modal MRI and 320 detector multi-modal CT imaging (whole-organ imaging).
- Two state-of-the-art equipped interventional suites with bi-plane angiography.
- Transcranial Doppler neurovascular lab.
- A continuum of care that includes a 24-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and an Outpatient Rehabilitation (PT/OT/SP) Program within the walls of Huntington Hospital.
- Support programs for stroke patients and their families and significant others.