Our Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Clinic provides a variety of outpatient services to patients who need help managing their chronic drug therapy.
For more information, call (626) 397-5559.
Accessing Our Services
Anticoagulation, heart failure, and insulin therapy management services all require a referral by a physician. We do not require a referral for immunization services. Patients can be enrolled into the Transitional Care Medication Assessment Program (TCMAP) during hospital discharge by a physician, nurse, or other health care provider. Patients can also self-enroll for TCMAP by completing the enrollment form and calling the clinic for an appointment.
MTM Clinic Physician Referral Form (PDF)
MTM – Transitional Care Medication Program – Enrollment Form
For more information, call 626-397-5559.
Medication Therapy Management Services
Anticoagulation Therapy Management
- We educate patients about blood-thinning medications such as warfarin (Coumadin®),enoxaparin (Lovenox®), dabigatran (Pradaxa®), rivaroxaban (Xarelto®), apixaban (Eliquis®) and edoxaban (Savaysa®).
- The use of point-of-care blood testing devices requires only a finger-stick for instantaneous PT/INR results for those on warfarin therapy.
- Convenient in-office appointments allow for warfarin dose adjustment by experienced pharmacists who monitor side effects, screen for drug (prescription, non-prescription, herbal) and food interactions, and assist with peri-operative anticoagulation management.
Heart Failure Therapy Management
- We provide comprehensive education about heart failure including disease process, symptoms, causes of heart failure exacerbations, and medications used to treat the condition.
- We monitor each patient’s weight, blood pressure, and symptoms at every visit, and evaluate medications for side effects and tolerability.
- Heart failure medications are adjusted according to guideline-recommended target doses.
- Our clinic staff works closely with the patient’s physician to help manage a patient’s heart failure condition. We try to prevent worsening of a patient’s condition and additional hospital admissions.
Insulin Therapy Optimization
- We educate patients about insulin therapy and other diabetes medications.
- Insulin dose adjustments are made according to a patient’s self-monitoring glucose levels and side effects are monitored.
- Frequent interactions with the pharmacist help improve medication adherence and prevent diabetes-related complications.
- We offer vaccinations for adult patients, no physician referral required. Call for an appointment (626) 397-5559.
- Our vaccinations include influenza, Prevnar 13, Pneumovax, and herpes zoster (HZ shingles).
Transitional Care Medication Assessment Program (TCMAP)
- We provide education and comprehensive review of each patient’s medications within one week of hospital discharge.
- Our pharmacists work with patients and physicians to resolve any medication discrepancies, address drug-related concerns and help find cost-effective solutions to drug therapy regimens.
- The clinic staff can help improve medication adherence for chronic medical conditions and assist in ensuring patients follow-up with their physicians after hospital discharge.
- The program hopes to provide continuity of care from hospital discharge to the outpatient setting in order to prevent hospital readmissions and ER visits due to drug-related problems.
Meet Your MTM Team
The MTM clinic is staffed by registered pharmacists and licensed technicians with extensive experience in medication therapy management. Our pharmacy team works closely with physicians to ensure each patient’s medication plan is achieving targeted therapeutic goals.
Clinic Location & Directions
Medication Therapy Management Clinic
711 Fairmount Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91105
Our clinic is located in the Wingate Building, 2nd floor. Patients should park in the East Parking structure located on Fairmount Avenue.
After you have parking in the East Parking Structure, take the parking structure’s elevator to the 1st floor and walk across Fairmount Avenue to the Outpatient Center entrance of the Wingate building. Check in at the information desk then take the elevators to the 2nd floor. Make a left off the elevator then another left at the hallway. The clinic will be located on your right-hand side.
Find more directions and parking rate information on our Find Us page.