You’ve likely heard the frightening statistics about drug abuse in America. What you may not know is that in almost 50% of drug overdoses, bystanders are present and have an opportunity to intervene. In an overdose situation, knowledge and preparation could mean the difference between life and death. Last week, Pasadena Unified School District, in collaboration with physicians from Huntington Health and Exer Urgent Care, held a seminar for students, parents and educators to learn important information about drug abuse and overdose prevention The entire presentation is available here: bit.ly/3saIdgS. We encourage you to watch.
• Ria Apodaca, Director, PUSD Health Programs
• Evan Adintori, PharmD, BCPS, pharmacist specialist, emergency medicine, Huntington Hospital
• Samuel Beckerman, MD, PhD, emergency medicine, Huntington Hospital
• John Rodarte, MD, pediatrics, Huntington Health Physicians and PUSD Medical Director
• Asbasia Mikhail, MD, emergency medicine, Huntington Hospital, and Site Medical Director of Exer Urgent Care Pasadena and La Canada
Together, we can #FightOverdose!